BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, March 12, 2010

..:: thank you for the music ::..


"Mamma Mia here I go again..." I decided on this dreary New York night that I would go and see the most exciting show on Broadway - and boy is it ever! I had so much fun! Ever since seeing the movie version I've been obsessed (I'm listening to the soundtrack as I write this) and knew when I was here I had to see it live. I walked to the TKTS line after work in the rain which was pretty miserable and my pants were soaked - but my spirits were lifted when the tickets were only $48 instead of the $70 or 80 I thought they would be. I grabbed some dinner at Sbarro which was delicious wandered around to kill time. My seats were actually really good up in the mezzanine just off center. I wanted to sing along through the whole play... but could tell my neighbours wouldn't have appreciated it. The play obviously isn't exactly the same as the movie but I would say they did a pretty good job adapting it. Finally at the end of the play the cast comes out and gets everyone dancing and clapping to some classic ABBA - it was so much fun.

I thought I would share a couple other snapshots I took this week as well... Wednesday night after work I went to stalk the Gossip Girl location that was filming around the corner from my house - I saw it... being packed back into the truck :(



Another cool thing that happens when the clouds are low is this eerie effect around the Empire State Building - it looks like this when it's snowy out too (it's just more difficult to pull the camera out in a snowstorm...) It looks like this:



It's a little creepy...

No big plans yet for tomorrow.. it's supposed to be pretty rainy so I'll be looking for indoor activities lol.

0 comments: