BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

..:: week two ::..

(So I guess I've kind of divided these 'weeks' by the weekends since I arrived in the city on a Saturday. )

After a fun night out with my coworkers, I decided Saturday was a good day to do a little shopping in SOHO and TriBeCa. Well...a little turned into a little too much (which just means no shopping this weekend...) My most exciting purchase was a top from TopShop. That night Carla was going to see a show and had invited me out afterwards with her friends for some drinks (so obvs some of the shopping was for this occasion). We went to a bar called Volstead which was very cool. We didn't stay long because the crowd was too young for Carla and her friends - I thought it was great clearly lol. We bar hopped and found a cute little dive bar and a cute bartender and it was a really fun night.

So for my Sunday adventure, I decided to venture into Greenwich Village... which turned into a little Meatpacking DIstrict and Chelsea too (since I got a little lost). I walked down 5th to Washington Square Park where I had my first celebrity sighting! It was Leelee Sobieski from "The Glass House" fame. I mean it was no SJP but I figure I have to start small. Again it was beautiful weather which made for an awesome day. I had lunch and espresso in Cafe Reggio - a classic VIllage cafe - and the meal was fantastic. Still a little bit in my shopping mode, I wandered into Juicy Couture and may have splurged on a coat - and it's soooooo pretty! :)




Here's a little video I shot of an awesome pianist in the park.



I'm pretty sure I just stayed in on Sunday night.. OH NO I didn't... haha That was the night of the first Canada/US hockey game. I HAD planned on watching at home because I was tired from walking around all weekend, BUT we didn't have the channel so out I ventured to find a bar to watch it in. There's one around the corner called Third and Long and it just so happened to be a bar that Canadians go to. So I found a fun group of Canadians to watch the game with... even though we lost.

0 comments: